About Me

My photo
Keela Sweeney. She's little, and fun. Has a good time, but keeps her head on her shoulders. She want's to do big things; Change the world even. Be her friend, and watch her shine.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Enrichment & Volunteering

I Have A Dream...
A couple weeks ago I finished reading what I would consider to be the most influential books I have ever read. "Three Cups of Tea" By Greg Mortenson really inspired me to do something big, something I was passionate about, and something meaningful. So I went searching, and found out there are so many different summer programs and volunteer opportunities that i can get involved in, both here in the US as well as going abroad. GOing abroad is something that everyone always says they want to do, but few really get the chance, and I want to be one of the few. 

I"ve decided I am going to start fundraising now for this trip to South Africa with a group called Cross Cultural Solutions, the trip will be two weeks long and cost about 4-5 thousand dollars, which, yes is a lot of money, but you cannot put a price on helping others. (Cliche?) SO if you're reading this, please comment and help me brainstorm good fundraising ideas! Every little bit helps. And if you are interested in attending a leadership camp similar this summer, I posted the link to CCS underneath this post. Let's CHange the World BlogSpot!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Keela I was trying to think of some ideas and came up with one. Remember the cards I showed you of my photographs. You could do that with some of your more artistic shots. I did find that the photos are better if you have a good printer you can print them out on semi gloss photo paper and attch them with a spray adhesive. It will take awhile to recoup your costs so I would suggest you charge a bout $3.00 a card or $15.00 a package. Haven't come up with anything else but will keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete